What is an antimicrobial?
An antimicrobial is a substance that inhibits or stops the growth of micro organisms, including bacteria, viruses, mold, mildew, and fungi. Everest products contain one of the most effective antimicrobials available today. Unlike traditional disinfectants, Everest protection if proactive, continuing to prevent surfaces from becoming contaminated and is also long lasting, protecting surfaces for up to 90 days after applying.
Why should I use Everest antimicrobial protection instead of other methods?
Everest products reduce your risk of the harmful effects of germs better than any other method and for longer periods of time compared to traditional cleaning or disinfecting. Other traditional methods are often very poisonous and only keep surfaces safe for a short amount of time, especially if surfaces are exposed to human and pet activity.
The patented antimicrobial used in Everest products is safe, not heavy metal based, and proven to prevent mold, bacteria, viruses, mildew, algae, and fungus. You are affected by germs everyday, every object that you touch can have substantial microbe contamination. According to the CDC, 80% of cross contamination between people happens via touch points.
Everest's unique protection limits the amount of microbial contamination on all touch surfaces that you treat. For up to 90 days, even if the treated surface is wiped off multiple times per day with traditional cleaners, Everest's EV360™ protection continues to stay active on the surface to keep you safe.
Will cleaning a treated surface remove Everest protection?
The surface is now protected and that protection will last up to 90 days. Your regular cleaning of the protected surface will not removed Everest protection from the surface. In fact, your regular cleaning and wiping of the surface will ensure that you are receiving the maximum benefit of the protection by removing dead microbes from the Everest "spikes," which will keep them working at maximum efficiency as they protected your family day after day.
What preparation is necessary prior to applying the treatments?
Everest's EV360™ should be applied to clean, dry surfaces for best effectiveness.
Clean surfaces as you normally would with household cleaner and/or disinfectant.
Allow to dry completely for best results
Simply mist EV360™ onto clean surfaces with the included sprayer and let it air dry. All done!
After EV360™ dries completely on the surface there may be some water spots visible on certain types of surfaces. You may wipe away any spotting with a wet cloth.
Your surfaces are now protected, and you can use them normally. Clean treated surfaces frequently with Everest microfiber cloths and sponges. Most cleaning can be accomplished with just these cloths or sponges and water. You may use regular household cleaners if needed, as they will not remove the protection from the treated surface. Your protection will last up to 90 days.
Here are more ideas on where to use EV360™
Does Everest contribute to the "super bug" problem?
It does NOT promote adaptation because its nano-spikes kill germs mechanically NOT with poisons. Everest products enable you to reduce the risk of contamination without compromising your immune system or contributing to the super bug problem. In today’s world we have seen the effects of overuse of antibiotics in the mutation or adaptation of dangerous bacteria that has resulted in the creation of “super bugs”. These super bugs have become resistant to the poisons being used to kill them, because if all of the bacteria are not killed by the poison, they begin to develop resistance to that poison. Given enough time, these adaptive bacteria actually become immune to the effects of that particular poison or antibiotic. This adaptation is dangerous and poses a serious threat to humans. Everest protection is very different in this regard.
What are the most dangerous threats Everest effectively kills?
Everest protection is proven 99.96% effective at killing all of these microbes (viruses and bacteria) for up to 90 Days per treatment: cold & flu viruses, E. Coli, norovirus, MRSA, c.diff, CRE, H1N1, and HIV.
What is the difference between Everest protection and other antimicrobial solutions on the market?
Conventional antimicrobial and disinfecting products kill by way of poisoning or chemically altering the organism. They are designed to act quickly and dissipate quickly to avoid adverse effects to humans and animals due to their toxic ingredients.
They typically require several minutes of "wet" time on a surface to effectively kill the bacteria. Improper use of these products can be very dangers to humans and pets, and can lead to bacterial adaption (where bacteria that wasn't fully killed by the poison adapts to become resistant to that poison).
These poisonous products are designed to evaporate quickly and not leave any of the poisons behind. They have no lasting ability to control future germ contamination or growth on that surface. A surface that has been disinfected by one of these products only remains germ free until the next person touches that surface and contaminates it.
Heavy Metal Based Disinfectants
Silver nanoparticles and silver ions are widely used in may types of products to provide a way to kill bacteria.
Silver kills microbes by ions leaching off the silver and being absorbed by the micro organism. The absorbed silver ions poison the microbe by damaging the DNA, resulting in death within 24 hours.
The danger of silver based disinfectants is that they are also toxic to human cells. In fact, they kill human cells the same way they kill bacteria. Recent scientific studies show that the absorption rate into human cells is identical to the absorption rate into bacterial cells.
The Everest process is a breakthrough new technology with a totally unique approach to not only effectively kill microbes but protect surfaces from future contamination.
This is accomplished through a safe, non-toxic "mechanical" kill of bacteria, viruses, mold, mildew, and fungi. At the molecular level, Everest protection is actually a layer of molecular "spikes" that have the opposite charge than that of germs. These nano spikes attract the germs much like the opposite sides of magnets attract each other, drawing germs down onto the spike to simultaneously impale them and impart a mini electric shock from their opposite charge.
This unique process effectively kills the germs without giving them the change to adapt and produce a stronger or more resistant strain.
It contains no poison, is odorless, safe for humans and animals, safe for all types of surfaces, and each application lasts for up to 90 days. This provides protection even between normal cleanings. Everest provides better protection that is safer for your family and the environment.
Click here for more info on how Everest works
What benefit do I get from Everest products that are factory treated with EV360™ protection?
The Everest factory treated Microfiber Cleaning Cloths, Kitchen Sponges, Microfiber Floor Mops and Utility Scrubbing Pads have all been treated with Everest's EV360™ antimicrobial nano-spike technology. The treatment on these products will last as long as the item does. Everest treated items will be resistant to stains, odors, and product degradation caused by harmful bacteria. Plus, these treated items are the perfect complement to Everest protected surface in your home or business. These products enable easy cleaning of your protected surfaces and the treatment keeps them fresh, safe, and protected from harmful microbes.
How do I know the Everest treatment process is safe?
Everest only uses technology and products that have undergone extensive independent laboratory testing and have a long history of save use. Everest protection product, EV360™ is registered with the EPA for all applications in which it is used. EV360™ is non-toxic, produces no harmful by-products for the environment, contains no ozone harming VOC's and is 100% biodegradable.
What is BioFilm?
Simply put, biofilms are a collection of microorganisms surrounded by the slime they secrete, attached to either an inert or living surface. The propensity for microorganisms to form biofilm on surfaces presents a formidable challenge to maintaining sanitary conditions, especially as it becomes more established or goes untreated. The resistance of biofilm to sanitizers increases over time as the biofilm matures and mutates into poison-resistant strains. It is important to know that biofilm is typically not visible to the eye. Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean that it is not there. Since Everest protection is a "mechanical kill," it disables microorganisms from mutating into resistant strains and effectively prevents biofilm from forming on treated surfaces.
How long does Everest protection work?
Everest uses products that are engineered to provide continuous antimicrobial protection for up to 90 days. This keeps the surfaces in your home, business, or even your car safe from harmful microbes. These treated surfaces will be safer for longer than ever before.
Does the use of Everest products cause resistant strains of micro organisms?
Since the Everest process uses a "mechanical kill" action, there is no opportunity for cell adaption or mutation.
Don’t we need interaction with germs to keep our immune system working?
With your whole house protected by the Everest Microbial Protection™System, you will still have plenty of opportunities to be exposed to germs outside of your home. With Everest protection your home becomes a safe haven from germs. If you do catch something from the grocery store, gym, or mall, you will likely find that you will get over a sickness acquired outside your home much faster due to the fact that Everest protects you from re-contaminating yourself through touch surfaces at home.