top of page
  • Writer's pictureEverest Microbial Defense

How to Prevent Black Mold from Invading Your Home

Updated: Apr 19, 2023

Keeping mold out of your home all together will save you from the headache of dealing with the negative effects of mold on your health and property. Here are six ways to keep your home mold free.  

Keep Humidity Low Monitor the humidity levels in your home throughout the day with a humidity meter.

It is optimal to keep humidity levels in your home lower than 50%. If your levels are higher than 50%, an air conditioner or dehumidifier can help lower humidly levels in your home. 

Air Flow Is Your Friend Keep the air in your home moving.

Weather permitting, keep the windows in your home open. Use exhaust fans that vent correctly outside your home in the kitchen, bathroom and with your clothes dryer. 

Keep up With Leaks Mold needs moisture to thrive.

Fixing any leaks in the roof, walls, or plumbing of your home promptly, lowers your chances of mold having an opportunity to grow.

Clean up Flooding Quickly When you do have a flood, it is important to clean up and dry out your home quickly and completely – taking special precautions to remove or replace carpets and upholstery that have been soaked in the flood. 

Add Mold Inhibitors Adding mold inhibitors to paint before painting is a great extra step in keeping mold from invading your home, especially if you live in a humid environment.

You can buy mold inhibitors at most paint and home improvement stores.

Use Mold Killing Cleaning Products Clean your bathrooms and other moisture prone areas with mold-killing products such as bleach, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, borax, and white vinegar.

Then always follow up your cleaning efforts by applying a surface protectant such as EV360 Antimicrobial Surface Protectant Spray. This protectant will prevent mold from invading in-between cleanings. 

When applied to surfaces, millions of microscopic spikes are bound to the surface and physically destroy mold and mildew before they can take hold.

The protection is not only harmless to the human touch, it lasts for up to 90-days. 

Source: CDC

99 views0 comments


Commenting has been turned off.

Subscribe to our newsletter to never miss a blog and get 30% OFF your first purchase in the Everest Store!

Your Coupon Code is NEWTHIRTY

Click here to shop and save now.


bottom of page